REGISTRATION / INFORMATION DESK
- Please register before 10th November 2018.
- Dancers must make themselves known at the registration desk once they arrive at the venue.
- The competition will be held at Le Rocquier School, St Clements, Jersey.
- All competitors must be present at registration.
- Registration will open at 8.15am on Saturday 24th November 2018.
- All competitors must sign in between 8:15am – 9:00am.
- At registration, dancers will be given dancer wristbands.
- If you have not paid your entry fees you will not be able to dance in any event.
- UberEssential reserve the right to request to see any participating dancers passport during the competition.
STREET DANCE CATEGORIES
- UNDER 9 yrs
Class 101: Under 9 yrs Groups (Minimum of 4 members / maximum of 11 members)
Class 102: Under 9 yrs Duos/Trios
Class 103: Under 9 yrs Solos
- UNDER 13 yrs
Class 104: Under 13yrs Groups (Minimum of 4 members / maximum of 11 members)
Class 105: Under 13yrs Duos/Trios
Class 106: Under 13yrs Solos
- UNDER 18 yrs
Class 107: Under 18yrs Groups (Minimum of 4 members / maximum of 11 members)
Class 108: Under 18yrs Duos/Trios
Class 109: Under 18yrs Solos
- OVER 18 yrs
Class 110: Adult Teams Over 18
- LITTLE & LARGE
Class 111: Little & large
- All music must be sent as an mp3 file to email@example.com before Tuesday 20th November 2018.
- All mp3’s must be sent on separate emails.
- Please make sure you have a backup CD with you at the competition in case of a problem.
- Music MUST NOT contain any bad language/swearing. If the music is heard to contain swearing/bad language a penalty point will be deducted and the dancers may be disqualified.
- No props are allowed unless it is an item of clothing on the competitor/s and can be removed from the stage in 20 seconds.
- There are no changing rooms available at the venue.
- There are toilets available.
- Any damage to the toilets or venue will result in the dancer or dance school responsible being charged for the repairs.
- Toilets will be monitored throughout the day by the UberEssential team.
- Competitors are advised to arrive performance ready.
- The decision of the judging panel is final.
- Results will be posted online as soon as possible after the prize giving ceremonies.
- Opening time is 30 minutes before the first session of the day until end of competition day.
- Competitors will be allowed to watch the competition for free. They must show their coloured band to receive free entry to the competition.
- Teachers with wristbands will receive free entry to the competition. One wristband will be allocated to a teacher per 10 competitors they have registered.
- Audience tickets are available to purchase online here.
- Day tickets are £8 for adults and £5 for children under 10 years if purchased online in advance.
- Tickets purchased on the day (cash only) will be £10 for adults and £8 for children under 10 years.
- For a schedule and the start time of your category, please visit www.islandjam.co from 20th November 2018.
- All competitors must perform in the order shown.
- If there is a change in running order, participants in that category will be notified.
- Competitors may only dance again if there is a technical problem.
- If competitors forget their dance they will not be allowed to perform again.
- If a competitor arrives late for their performance they will not be allowed to perform.
- Teachers are allowed to accompany younger competitors only to the side of the stage if in the Under 9’s category.
- Parent helpers are not allowed at the side of the stage at any time.
- All persons must follow instructions given by UberEssential representatives. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- No personal belongings are allowed at the side of the stage.
- After the performance all competitors must leave the side of the stage and return to their chaperones or the auditorium.
- Any unlawful behaviour will results in disqualification.
STAGE VIEWING/ REHEARSALS
- There are no stage viewings or on- stage rehearsals before performances; competitors will not be allowed on stage when the competition is not in progress.
- Stewards will allow spectators into the auditorium during the competition at suitable pauses.
- You will not be allowed into the auditorium whilst a performance is in progress, please wait silently in the holding area.
- Teachers and Competitors must be wearing their wristbands to gain access into the auditorium.
- Parents and supporters must show their ticket to gain access into the auditorium.
- Seating is unallocated and available on a first come first served basis.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Video and photography is prohibited inside the auditorium.
- Cash will only be accepted at the venue.
- No cash point is available at the venue.
- Groups/Teams can be a minimum of 4 members and a maximum of 11 members
- Music can be a maximum of upto 4 minutes per dance in any category.
- Time Penalties will be deducted if music plays for more than 4 minutes or competitors are on stage performing for more than 4 minutes.
JUDGING: SECTION 1 & 2
EXECUTION OF FOUNDATION STYLES.
The judge will judge how well you execute the foundation styles of street dance.
Age and Level will be taken into account Recommendation for showing at least 3 foundation styles.
The focus is on quality of styles shown not quantity of styles.
Each style Needs to be demonstrated for at least 2 x 8 counts – this doesn’t have to be consecutive.
The foundations styles recognised are:
– Hip Hop
2) Execution of Commercial Dance
Defined as choreography that is not made up of the above street dance foundation styles will be judged by the criteria outlined in section 4.
JUDGING: SECTION 3:
Bonus points. Street Dance foundation Styles + an option to demonstrate “commercial style dance”.
We will award 1 bonus point for each street dance style that is performed up to 4 including commercial style dance as long as it is 2 counts of 8 or more and 2/3rds of the team performing.
You are welcome to show show more than 3 styles plus commercial dance but the focus is on quality not quantity.
JUDGING: SECTION 4
CHOREOGRAPHY will be judged based on:
– Cleanliness of the individual dancers and team as a whole
– Precision of the movement
– Synchronicity and timing of the dancers
– The ability of the team as a whole to perform the movements being shown
JUDGING: SECTION 5
A chance for each judge to give a score out of 10 based on how much they enjoyed the performance . It is individual to each judge.
JUDGING: SECTION 6
This will be judged on showmanship and performance. The competitors Energy and enthusiasm, confidence and charisma and how well the team/performer project their performance to the crowd.
JUDGING: SECTION 7
FORMATIONS & TRANSITIONS
– How well the competitors make use of the stage
– How clean the formations and shapes are
– How smooth transitions are
– Rotating people’s positions
Age will always be taken into account. Most of all we want teams and competitors that take part to have fun, be creative and show us who they are with confidence and not just do what they think the judges will like.
1 point per judge per penalty will be deducted for the following rule breaks:
- Inappropriate language including racial epithets, swearing, derogatory terms to describe men or women and genitalia
- Inappropriate costume for age category
- Inappropriate movement for age category
- Music over stated time